Happy Valentine’s Day! What better time to do some self-love and care for your wonderful self? For me, this day means sharing our appreciation and love for one another (like we ought to daily), but even more so now. I know that for some people this can be a difficult period, but I want you to know that whatever you are up to tonight, I hope you have a really lovely evening, and remember to reach out to your loved ones for a reminder, should you need it.
Here are 5 of my top ways to love yourself this Valentine’s Day!
- Cook a meal! Food is a great way to get your creative juices flowing and to be grateful to have the food that we have. Don’t forget to add the magic ingredient of love to your dish tonight. If you are eating out, you can still be grateful for your yummy dinner and sprinkle the love on top with your salt and pepper.
- Dance, sing and let off some steam. Who doesn’t love a good sing-song? Whack on your fave tunes and get moving. Dancing and singing are great ways to express your love and be a bit silly. Why not?
- Do a little something loving for someone else, and it doesn’t even need to cost a penny! A message, a smile or holding the door for someone. You will not only feel better about yourself, but that person also feels amazing. Win-win!
- Exercise – even if it is just a quick 10 minute YouTube video, a walk outside or a gym session. Every little helps and you’ll feel so much better for it. Tonight I will be doing some self-love yoga ready for my 10K race this Sunday. Exercise stimulates our endorphins and gets the blood pumping to that all-important heart of yours. Pump it!
- Take a nice shower or bath and wash away any negativity or bad thoughts (I love using Epsom bath salts for this) and aim to raise your spirits and cleanse your beautiful body!
My Valentine’s Night
Tonight I will be spending my evening cooking a homemade vegetarian curry for my family, with a cherry Bakewell dessert. (So keep your eye out for how it turns out – and the recipe and pictures on Facebook and Instagram, should you wish to have a go yourself!)
I would also like to formally introduce you to my wonderful dog, Lincoln. He is such a loving and caring boy and has offered me lots of cuddles tonight. He would also like to offer you lots of love. He will be featuring in future posts, so stay tuned! Today he has brought you his “Heart Monkey” as a special Valentine’s gift. 🙂
I’d love to know what you have done today or are doing tonight, so share the love by leaving a comment below and on my social media pages to start spreading the trend of #sharethelove
Remember, you got this and together we will help you to live your best life! 😊