Do you ever feel like you want to do more for others but not sure how? Feel like it is all too much? Don’t worry… here are some of my quick tips on how to fundraise for a charity:
- Choose your charity – The organisation I have chosen is The Brain Tumour Charity. This is particularly close to my heart, having lost my uncle to this disease (it is always a good idea to choose an organisation that you are interested in, or have a passion for as it will help you feel more motivated).
- What will you do to get sponsored? I am running a half marathon on the 15th March in Milton Keynes. This is also a personal challenge for me, so combining personal goals can also be a good way to achieve and give back to your charity.
- How will I raise the funds? There are so many ways to get involved and to raise funds! Some things I have been doing is a cake sale, guess the number of sweets in a jar and what is the name of the teddy bear? I also made up some hamper raffle prizes (see pictures below). You can also set up a donations page – I have used JustGiving – where you can explain more about your story (Here is the link if you would like to check it out – Becca’s JustGiving Page )
- Advertise and promote – utilise social media – but don’t overdo it. Send emails/ messages out to friends, family, work colleagues or other networks of groups you may have. Contact your chosen charity and ask if they can give you more ways of how to get sponsorships. They are super helpful and very willing to support you in any way (I found this personally with The Brain Tumour Charity who were excellent and went above and beyond).
- Enjoy it! Raising money/ volunteering your time to help a non for profit organisation is a great way to give back, especially when they rely heavily on donations and your personal time. You can make such a difference, no matter how much you raise or how much time you can give. Something is better than nothing, right?
I’d love to know if you have been involved in any charity work at all? What did you do? How did it make you feel? If you haven’t yet, what has stopped you? – Please comment below 🙂
Remember to follow me on social media (links at the bottom of the page – Bestlifewithbecca)
Together, we can all live our best lives.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted – Aesop